On page seo optimization ranking factors can have a big impact on your page’s ability to rank if optimized properly.
When it comes to optimizing a website or a blog post, there are two main factors at play:
- On page seo optimization
- Off page seo optimization
Today I am writing an article about on page seo, and I will be sharing lots of good on page seo techniques you should implement while working on optimization your blog posts.
- 10 basic rules to a better seo
- How to increase blog traffic
- How to create high PR backlinks
- 10 best ways to getting 472,764 visits your blog in a month
Seo optimization has always been an essential element of your marketing strategy, but often it’s not thought of as being a priority when creating new landing pages. Sure, you want to maximize conversions (and don’t get us wrong, conversion optimization matters too), but at the end of the day, you need your content to be found in order to convert.
10 On page SEO Techniques
1) Start Title With Keyword
It does not necessarily mean that the keyword should be the very first word of the title. The closer the target keyword is to the beginning of the title, the more weight it commands in the rankings. The first 3 to 5 words are probably the most relevant, which means if you can strategically place your keywords within the first 5 words of your title, it will get you the best exposure in terms of SEO.
- Your title tag should be written like this: Primary Keyword- Secondary Keyword | Brand Name
- Use a dash in between your keyword phrases and a pipe at the end before your brand name
- Avoid duplicate title tags.
2) Use SEO-Friendly URLs
You should use your target keyword in the URL. Google has stated that the first 2-4 words in a URL are given more weight. So I recommend making your URLs short and sweet.
Avoid ugly URLs: learnandearns.com/p=465
Or Long URLs: learnandearns.com/2/3/18/cat=SEO/on-page-seo-is-the-best.
3) Wrap Your Blog Post Title in an H1 Tag
In WordPress, the title tag is set at H1. You don’t really need to use any more H1 tags anywhere in the article. One is enough.
4) Wrap Subheadings in H2 Tags
Include your target keyword in at least once subheading…and wrap it in an H2 tag.
5) Keyword Density
You should keep the keyword density around 1.5%. Use your main keyword once in the first paragraph and again in the last paragraph.
6) Meta tags:
You should add a unique meta description to each blog post. you should use your use targeted keyword in the meta description. You need to write user-friendly meta descriptions that make sense and are related to your post.
- Write compelling meta descriptions
- 150 to 160 characters is the recommended length
- Avoid duplicate meta descriptions
- Do not use quotes or any non-alpha characters
7) Drop Keyword in First 150 words
You should add keywords in the first 100-150 words of your article.
Keywords in the “image title” and the “alt text” help to make your blog post more focused and targeted. Image optimization helps a lot in driving traffic from image searches.
You should try to include your keyword phrase in the name of your image, if possible, but don’t overdo it. Image filenames should also be SEO friendly. Image search is much more widely used than believed, so traffic from there is also valuable.
- Name all of your images in a way that describes what they are
- Use dashes between the words, rather than underscores ( purple-hat.jpg rather than purple_hat.jpg)
- Do not use non-alpha characters in your image or file names (so no %, &, $, etc…)
9) Use Internal Link
Internal linking is money. Use 6-9 in every post.
Interlinking of blog posts will help your blog readers spend more time on your blog, and it will also help pass page rank to other pages of your site.
Internal links that are relevant to the original post show search engines that you are providing extra information beyond what is being displayed in the content.
- When linking to another page on the same site from within content, select good anchor text (keywords) to use in the actual link and do this often. For example: “We offer a wide range of web design services,” rather than “Click here for our services.
- In the above example, you would link “web design services” to your web design services page instead of being linking “click here.
On page Seo Checklist
Here is a checklist you can use to make sure you are doing everything possible to rank higher in search engines.
- Bold Keyword
- Italicized Keyword
- Use Long tail keywords
- Underlined Keywords
- Use LSI keyword in H2 or H3
- Keyword in the first Paragraph.
- Insert a picture and make sure its name and ALT tag is the keyword
- Make the first word in the blog post the keyword
- Have an H1, H2 and H3 Tag containing the keyword in your article.
- Make sure blog post URL contains keyword: www.yourwebsite.com/how-to-keyword/
- Create an outbound link pointing to another website (That you don’t own).
- Have the last 50 words of your article contain the keyword.
- Have a keyword density of 1% to 3%
- Don’t put more than one H1 tag (your post title is H1).
- Don’t repeat the same H2 and H3 tag
- Remove all stop words from permalink.
- Minimum 500 words.
- Internal links to related articles.
- Make Sure your title is 70 characters or less.
- An article should be 300 words in length minimum.