What Is Email Marketing (E Marketing)
Email Marketing also is known as E Marketing. Email marketing is the act of sending a commercial message, typically to a group of people, using email. In its broadcast sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing. There are many best email marketing software and email marketing tools available on the internet.
Tags: best email marketing software, Email marketing automation software, best email marketing services, E Marketing
Basically the use of email to promote products and/or services. But a better email marketing definition is the use of email to develop relationships with potential customers and/or clients. There are many email marketing service providers. I previously wrote an article about Top 10 Best Email Marketing Service Providers. Email marketing is one segment of internet marketing, which encompasses online marketing via the website, social media, blogs, etc. It is essentially the same as direct mail except that instead of sending mail through the postal service, messages are sent electronically via email.
Much of the spam email we all get proclaiming ‘deals’ on this and that is a good example of email marketing at its worst; the mindless email barrage.
Email marketing (E Marketing) best practices include developing your own email list rather than buying an email list(s) and making participation in your email list opt-in rather than opt-out. Email should also be optimized for mobile usage as according to statistics over half of the emails are opened on mobile devices.
Email marketing (E Marketing) helps a business develop and maintain a relationship with a customer over time that hopefully results in increased sales and increased customer loyalty.
Advantages Of Email Marketing (E Marketing)
The two big advantages of email marketing are price and ease. Emailing is an inexpensive way to advertise your company and its products and/ or services compared to many other types of marketing. It’s also extremely easy to set up and track an email marketing campaign, making t a very accessible type of marketing for small businesses.
Newsletters can be sent to the email list you’ve built from the people who provided the necessary information on your website, for instance, providing these potential customers with news updates about your company, upcoming events and/or special offers an, of course, reminding them that your business exists and that maybe it’s time for another visit.
Email Marketing Tips
- Build your own list. This has already been mentioned but buying email lists is a waste of time. All you’re going to do by sending unsolicited email is turned off most of the people you’re hoping to turn into customers and run the risk of being labeled a spammer.
- Treat your list well. Remember that the people you’re using email to communicate with have trusted you with their email and name; they deserve your respect. Just as you deserve as a chance to convert them from customers to fans and even evangelists for your brand, people who want to talk about and share your message and get involved in any way they can.
- Stick to a schedule if you’re doing a newsletter. Sending email on a regular day or days can help your subscribers know what to expect from you and when.
- Don’t just send out ads to buy all the time. Use your emails to build rapport with customers by sharing your expertise and/or that of others, giving them tips and insights they can value. Share information that lets them know more about you and/or your company f it’s interesting.
Email Marketing (E Marketing) Is Still Relevant
In an age of increasing usage of social media for advertising, email marketing still rules the roost, according to a study conducted by Host-papa.
- 94% of Internet users use email, while only 61% use social media.
- 75% of adult online users say that email marketing is their preferred marketing method.
- The “opt-in” feature of email allows marketing by consent.
- Email marketing allows targeting by demographics
- Email messages have a much wider range of formatting possibilities than social media messages.
- Email offers more reporting and analytics capability, such as click-through rates, open rates, bounce rates, and conversions.
Top 5 Benefits OF Email Marketing (E Marketing)
The chart illustrates the seven top benefits of email marketing, each of which is a worthy goal depending on what your small business is aiming to achieve.
1) Generating More Leads
Encouraging visitors to signup for your email marketing list is just one way to generate more leads. Another strategy is to encourage your email subscribers to forward your emails on to friends, families, and acquaintances or to share it on social media.
- 10 Best Ways to Getting 472,764 Visits Your Blog in A Month.
- 7 Best Ways To Monetize Your Blog Effectively
2) Improved Sales
If every subscriber on your list turned into a customer, you’d be in small business heaven. Unfortunately, that’s probably never going to happen. However, you can increase your sales by focusing the right email campaigns on the right people. The secret to doing this is email list segmentation, a process that enables you to nurture each of your list subscribers with the right message at the right time
3) Improved Conversion Rates
In order to sell, you need to convert and the key to email conversions is to nurture them using the content. Like 2 above, the key lies in email list segmentation however, it helps to know what type of content to use at each stage of the sales process. Once you nail that, your nurturing efforts will be much more effective and, your overall conversion rates will increase.
4) Reduced Marketing Costs
If your small business marketing budget is tight, you’ll be interested in low-cost ways to promote yourself. Happily, there are a lot of email marketing tools out, many of which offer a free tier of service and low prices when you need more features and functionality..
5) Identifying Better-Quality Leads
The last thing you need is to waste time on bad leads. That’s why, before marketing your small business, it pays to have a lead qualifying system in place. Happily, email marketing itself is a lead qualifying system that demonstrates a prospect’s interest based on:
- The fact that they signed up for your list in the first place;
- Whether they open your emails; and
- If they click on any of the links within your emails.
6) Integrating With Other Media To Boost Response
Integrating marketing is a powerful tool n any marketer’s kit. One of the best integrations for email is with social media where your emails can include:
- Social share icons;
- Super-sharable content; and
- Deals to share which then give a referral reward back to the subscriber who shared it.
7) Shorter Sales Cycles
Email marketing (E MArketing) is a great way to get your most convincing content in front of prospective decision makers. If you’re nurturing the right subscribers via email as mentioned in No.5 above, and you’re using both segmentation and the right content as mentioned in No. 2 and No. 3 above respectively, then you can speed up your sales cycle by getting the right content to the right decision maker at the right time.